How To Easily Clean Urine From A Mattress Right Away
Experiencing awful smell from your mattress because your little kid just peed there? Are the urine stains in the mattress annoying you? Well, this is one of the most typical situations that every parent with little kids faces. Wetting the bed is one of the normal growth processes which, for a specified period, can’t be controlled. You never know how long your kid will not be able to hold his bladder and accidentally urinate in the bed while sleeping.
Similar is the case with people who are pet owners, they tend to worry always about cleaning cat or dog urine from the mattress. Until you train your pet correctly, the chances of it wetting the bed and decaying the mattress remain high. The aftereffects of which are stinky smell and the appalling stains which makes very difficult to live in the room and sleep on the cushion again.
Therefore, here I have come up with some of the best solutions which will help you to know how to clean urine from a mattress easily. Applying these techniques, it would become much simpler for you to deodorize a mattress as well as the stains from it.
For A Dry Stain
Sometimes you didn’t notice that your kid or pet has happily drained itself on the mattress and till the time you see it gets dried. The stain and the smell both become stronger with time and this is when you need to apply specific techniques to remove it.
The Steps Help To Clean a Dry Urine Stain And Smell From Mattress
1. Take a damp cloth and rub it over the affected area in such a way that it doesn’t wet the bed but dilute the odor as well as the stain of urine to some extent. A wet cloth will spread the urine, therefore, damp it and stroke it over the urinated area vigorously.
2. Now take borax powder which works excellently in eradicating the odor. Apply it all over the affected areas of the mattress. But, always keep in mind that borax might irritate your skin. Therefore, wash your hands properly after treating the mattress with it.
3. Once you have sprinkled borax, rub it gently over the mattress. It should seem to get beneath the surface to remove the stain as well as smell completely.
4. Now it is the time to wet the mattress thoroughly. Keep it in a well-ventilated room and open the door, windows, and fan. If possible keep the mattress in the sunshine so that the dampness evaporates completely.
Note: A complete and thorough drying is essential to prevent the mold development in the mattress. If a bit of moisture remains, it could welcome molds and mildews to flourish which ultimately decay the mattress slowly. A large number of allergens also stay aside if the mattress is adequately dried under the sun.
5. Once you are sure that the mattress is not damp anymore, take a vacuum cleaner and suck out all the borax powder from it. Since borax is considered toxic, it is always a good idea to ensure that it has not left in the mattress.
For A Wet Stain
Wet stain or freshly peed urine is considered easier to remove than the dry ones. If you saw your kid or pet peeing in the mattress an immediate action can prevent the mattress to become stinky and stained.
The Techniques Can Be Applied To Clean The Urine From Mattress
1. Use a sponge and blot out the urine as much as possible. Go over the affected area again and again until the sponge gets thoroughly saturated. You may use as many sponges as required to remove all the urine from the mattress.
2. Once you observe that all the urine has been sponged out, damp the area and dilute the rest of the urine so that it gets annihilated.
Note: To kill the bacteria of the urine and make the mattress hygiene you may apply alcohol on the affected parts. Vinegar can also be used.
3. Now dry the mattress under the sun for making it reusable.
Note: Sunrays helps not only in drying but also kills the bacteria and make the mattress hygienically clean and fresh.
For All Stains
Some solutions work for all kinds of stains and make the mattress like before- blemish free, smell free and perfect to use. This DIY solution is easy to make and great to clean the urine from the mattress right away.
The Materials Are Required To Make The Urine Removing Solution
- 3% Hydrogen peroxide- 8 ounces
- Baking soda- 3 tablespoons ~ 45 g
- Liquid dishwashing soap- 1 drop
- Spray bottle
Once you have gathered all the materials, take the spray bottle and mix all the ingredients inside it. Always use a freshly prepared solution for a more potent and useful result. Make sure that you add the drop of dish soap in the last- only after the baking soda gets dissolved entirely.
Shake the solution until all the ingredients get mixed thoroughly. Once you are sure that a uniform mixture has been obtained, spray it generously over the affected areas. The solution is so compelling that it will remove the stain entirely from the mattress within 5 to 10 minutes. The smell will vanish due to the presence of baking soda.
Let the mattress dry under the fan or sun. If you observe a film of baking soda over the mattress, wipe it out or vacuum it up and get a neat and tidy mattress usable all over again.
Utilizing these steps could help in cleaning the urine efficiently without compromising the quality of the mattress. The unsightly stains and unpleasant odor can be removed entirely so that the mattress becomes usable all over again. Always remember the fresher is the peed urine the easier it would be to deal with it.
If you are experiencing frequent urination on the mattress by your child or pet, using a waterproof mattress protector could help you in saving it from getting damaged. These days, waterproof protectors are coming with alluring features that are neither cranky nor noisy and didn’t create unnecessary noise while moving in the bed. So, they make a worthy purchase if you have a small kid and untrained pet in the house.
Mattress makes vital home essentiality to get a comfortable and sound sleep. Therefore, always try to make it hygienically clean and free from all sorts of stains and smell. I wish you never have to face a stained and smelling mattress due to urine. However, if still, you encounter it use the procedures above and make it clean, tidy and reusable. That’s pretty obvious that, these are the best ways to clean urine from mattress.