Best Memory Foam Mattress: The Top 5 Brands in the Market Today
Sleep, there is nothing quite like it. There is also nothing that can be a substitute for it. So, why not ensure that you are getting the best experience that you can with some sleep tools?
This can be helped with sleep tools like the best pillows, the best mattresses and even larger bed sizes. If you are over six feet and weigh 200 lbs, then a twin size bed might not give you the best experience. But you might more be looking for a queen size or higher.
In addition, if you have aches and pain or find that you are twisting and turning all night, a memory foam mattress might just be the best option.
What Is a Memory Foam Mattress?
According to the Sleep Judge, “Memory foam is a very durable type of material if it has a high enough density and is also known for providing good support and excellent pressure relief. These kinds of beds usually have a longer lifespan than spring mattresses.”
They are typically made from a polymer known as polyurethane.
“This is a material that is commonly found in most sofas, mattresses, car seats and spray foam.”
How Did We Choose the Best Memory Foam Mattress
Because these beds will serve you for many years, you want to get the best mattress possible. That means putting together a list of must-haves. Doing research will also help you narrow down the one that will suit your needs the most.
Also, consider whether you want a hybrid or a full memory foam type. Pricing and bed size are some other factors to think about as well.
But most of all, you want to buy from a manufacturer that has a great reputation.
These are the considerations we used to select the best of the best when it comes to foam mattresses.
Buyer’s Guide for Mattress
If you are going to purchase a foam mattress that will serve you for a while, ensure that the manufacturer has a warranty program. Also, make sure that you can get a refund. A good refund policy can save you from a lot of headaches or buyer’s remorse.
Top 5 Memory Foam Mattress on the Market
Some of the contenders on our list include Casper, DreamCloud and Layla. They have been consistent and offer really great products. Let’s take a look at those products, which are top performers in the bedding market.
5 out of 5 stars
This type of mattress is a combination of mattresses in one. It has a total of eight.
The DreamCloud mattress’ second layer has gel-infused memory foam. It is this layer that is responsible for keeping you cool while you rest. Then the third layer is made from comfortable, quilter memory foam.
But the 7th layer has the patented “BestRest” coils.
According to DreamCloud, the “hand-tufted cashmere blend cover provides maximum breathability and premium softness for a luxury sleep experience.”
Visit the website to purchase your foam mattress. They are available at different prices, including:
Less than $1,500
Less than $1,500
Less than $1,400
Less than $1,200
Less than $1,000
The company does offer a financing program from as low as $70 to $75 per month, at 0% APR. You have the opportunity to prequalify, before buying.
Features of this top of the line mattress include:
The DreamCloud Memory Foam Mattress is built to give you the ideal equilibrium between “contouring comfort and pushback support. It is recommended if you sleep on your side, back or stomach.”
The best part about this offer is that you can sleep on it for 365 nights, before making a decision to buy it. But the warranty is also highly competitive.
DreamCloud makes a solid commitment.
“For the first 10 years of ownership, we will replace your mattress with a brand new DreamCloud at absolutely no charge to you if defective in workmanship and materials. In years 10+, DreamCloud will completely repair and re-cover your DreamCloud or replace your DreamCloud. All transportation charges will be waived if a manufacturing defect(s) or a materials failure is confirmed to exist.”
4.85 out of 5 stars
- Your purchase includes One Casper Sleep Foam Mattress 2018 Model, in Twin Size.
- Mattress dimensions: 38" W x 75" L x 11" H. Mattress weight: 46 lbs
- Breathable open-cell foams have tiny pores to let hot air escape, keeping you cool at night
- Combination of softer foam for shoulder region and supportive firm foam for core and hip area gives a medium-firm feeling, recommended for side and back sleepers
- Remove the package of your product within 72 hours, and allow 48-72 hours for the mattress to fully expand, dissipate any mild scent in a well-ventilated room
There are approximately four layers within the mattress. This includes high-density memory foam. This has a light top layer of foam. It gives you more comfort. Then there is the support foam at the bottom. It allows for you to have a good and supportive mattress.
It is made to have a really good quality. This makes the mattress cool, nice and very comfortable.
The bed also has good edge support, more so than others on the market.
You are looking at spending anywhere from $595 to $1,200 for a bed from Casper. They have a wide range of sizes, going up to California King.
On Amazon, you can purchase the product readily and all stipulations apply.
Another great feature of this mattress is its zoned support. That means when you sleep on a Casper Memory Foam Mattress, you will have that much more support in certain areas. For example, under your hips, it is firmer. But, under your shoulders, it is softer.
The product also comes with a ten-year warranty.
4.8 out of 5 stars
- FOUR LAYERS of dynamic premium 2” reactive foam, 2” contouring memory foam, 2” supportive transition foam, and 4” high density support foam deliver medium-firmness on this full size mattress
- DESIGNED FOR COUPLES who prioritize low movement transference. No need to worry about you or your partner tossing and turning in their sleep
- THOUGHTFULLY CRAFTED for spine alignment and back support with a focus on reducing back pain and providing perfect comfort
- COMPATIBLE BASES ensure a perfect fit with all standard bed frames, box springs, and foundations
- 10-YEAR WARRANTY guaranteed. We trust that our foam mattresses are built with the highest quality to last up to 10 years of use
According to Eight Sleep, you can try it for 100 nights. “If you don't sleep better in the first 100 nights, you can request a full refund. No re-stocking fees, no return shipping or disposal fees.”
Be prepared to spend upwards of $750 to $1,350 for one of these Eight Sleep Jupiter+ mattresses. As with the other high-quality mattresses, this has several layers. They include:
2" reactive foam
Hugs like foam, reacts like latex
2" contouring memory foam
Ideal support for hips and back
2" supportive transition foam
Minimizes movement transference
4" high-density support foam
Top density for max durability
This best memory foam mattress comes with free returns, free shipping and a ten-year warranty.
It is considered a “medium firmness mattress paired with smart cover for sleep enhancement.” Some of its added features include:
Track over 15 factors about your sleep and health, including REM sleep, deep sleep, heart rate and respiratory rate.
Sleep cold? Warm your side of the bed. Sleep hot? Blast the bedroom AC while warming your partner's side.
Eight detects when you are in light sleep and triggers the alarm when it's easier for your body to wake up.
4.7 out of 5 stars
- $100 OFF - Clip the Coupon Below Before Adding to Your Cart and SAVE $100 on your purchase
- COPPER INFUSED MEMORY FOAM - This copper infused cooling system mattress provides cooler sleep and variable support great for all sleeping positions
- FLIPPABLE FIRMNESS - Flip for comfort. Layla is a medium soft on one side and firm on the other so you get two firmness levels in one mattress
- THERMOGEL INFUSED COVER - Provides excellent heat dispersion and a cooler night's sleep. Thermo Gel reacts to body temperature to keep your body from getting too warm while you sleep. No more jolting awake in the middle of the night when you get too hot.
- EASY HASSLE FREE RETURNS IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT - Contact us with ANY issues and if you don't love it, we will have the mattress picked up from your doorstep and refund you in full -- that's it!
This is definitely not a budget-busting choice. It is one of the most affordable memory foam mattresses on our list. You can fork out anywhere from $390 to $900, for one of these Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress.
With the manufacturer, you can pay $67/month with 0% APR.
Their construction style is a bit different than other manufacturers.
You will find that the Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress has copper-infused memory foam. This aids in making the mattress cooler. It also has four layers. These include:
When you invest in this mattress, you are getting a high-quality product. It is quite comfortable and substantially well built.
The firmness level on either side is different. So, you have a choice of turning it over when you feel for a change in firmness. Try it out for 120 nights before you fully commit. And best of all there is a lifetime warranty.
Product features of the Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress include:
This foam mattress is also available on Amazon.
4.45 out of 5 stars
- #1 FASTEST GROWING BRAND IN THE U.S. - Recognized as the fastest growing e-commerce retailer by Internet Retailer, Nectar is a memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress designed for every kind of sleeper. Nectar is part of the Resident House of Brands.
- TWO FREE PREMIUM PILLOWS INCLUDED - And with every mattress purchase, you also receive two free Nectar Premium Pillows. They will be found within the mattress packaging. ($150 value)
- INDUSTRY LEADING 180 NIGHT TRIAL- You can try Nectar risk-free for 180 night and return it if you are not 100% happy (180 night trial is for orders on Amazon only). This is nearly 3 months longer than the industry standard.
- NECTAR FOREVER WARRANTY - We guarantee Nectar for as long as you own the mattress. Longest warranty in the business (we checked).
- IDEAL SUPPORT FOR ANY POSITION - Optimal level of firmness, coolness, breathability, and comfort. Nectar molds to your body, relieving all your aches and pains. It is firm enough to support you, but soft enough to be gentle where you're sensitive. Even on those 90° nights, Nectar sleeps cool, gently regulating heat for an ideal temperature all night long.
Another affordable choice comes from Nectar. Pricing is slated from $375 to $775 for a mattress, depending on the bed size. The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress comes with five layers. Of those five, three are made from memory foam.
quilted gel memory foam
standard gel memory foam
adaptive hi-core memory foam
One of the objectives of the company is to provide a product that gives you great value for your money. On the other hand, that also means that it has a lower standard than our other four mattresses.
Nonetheless, it comes with a 10-year non-prorated warranty. So you have the guarantee of getting the product fixed if any defects occur during that period.
Unlike some of the other brands, this only has one firmness level that cannot be adjusted. And there are no gadgets or gimmicks.
For your surety, take advantage of the one-year trial. If you do not like Nectar Memory Foam Mattress, return and get a refund.
According to Nectar, “Our flexible foam is CertiPUR-US® Certified which means it meets the CertiPUR-US® standards for being free from ozone depleters, PBDEs, TDCPP, mercury or lead.”
The mattress is a purpose-driven one, with components targeting different issues.
Tencel Cooling Cover
Helps circulate air and wick away heat while you sleep.
Quilted Gel Memory Foam
Contours perfectly to your body while providing loft and increased air circulation.
Gel Memory Foam
Distributes your weight evenly, offering cool, contouring support.
Adaptive Hi Core Memory Foam
Supports your body, as only recovery foams can, providing crucial rebound and bounce.
Breathable Base Layer
Reinforces the contouring and support layers, giving you a stable, breathable foundation.
You can source this product on Amazon as well.
Choose Any of These Best Memory Foam Mattress
Patented Spring Coils with 5-zoned encased micro coils
High Vegetable-based Super Core 5 lb Support Foam
5.0 out of 5.0
4-layer high-density foam construction
Open-cell hypoallergenic latex
100 night trial
4.85 out of 5.0
2" Reactive Foam, 2" Contouring Memory Foam for hips and back support, 2" Supportive Transition Foam, 4" High Density Support Foam
4.8 out of 5.0
3-inch layer of Copper Infused Memory Foam, 2-inch layer of Convoluted Support Foam, 5-inch layer of Base Support Foam, and 1-inch layer of Copper Infused Memory Foam
4.7 out of 5.0
Quilted gel, standard gel, and adaptive hi-core memory foam
4.45 out of 5.0
The bedding market is highly competitive. It is almost as vast as the Atlantic Ocean itself. Ok, maybe not!
But there are literally hundreds of brands to choose from.
You want to be very discerning about the best brands on the market. You need to choose a company that has a great reputation. While these beds are very comfortable, consider other factors like warranty and price.
Our list has some of the best memory foam mattress money can buy. So dive right in!