The 10 Best Pillows for Side Sleepers
A good night’s sleep can be hard to come by. Especially when you’re a side sleeper and the pillows you use are more designed for back sleepers. Studies show that the right pillow, however, can make the difference in head and neck health, and how well you’ll sleep. Finding the right pillow, however, can be a chore, so we went in search for the best pillow for side sleepers available.
How We Chose the Pillows
Getting a good night’s sleep is one of the most important things we can do for our health. After your mattress, your pillow is an important part of that. Because of that, we wanted to find the absolute best pillow for side sleepers.
There were hundreds of reviews and thousands of options, and it’s hard to know where to start. But we opted to begin with the lists we saw on trusted review sites, specifically looking at pillows for side sleepers.
From these lists, we looked to see which pillows had high ratings from real life users. There were still hundreds of choices, so we narrowed the list down to fewer by cross-referencing the lists of both professional review sites and amateur reviewers to see which pillows made it onto the most lists.
After this, we scanned Amazon to see which of these were their top-sellers, and what people had to say about them. This helped us knock out a good number more.
From there, we read the information on each pillow, the materials used, and what made them unique and whittled down the list to the options below.
Best Pillows for Side Sleepers
If you’re a side sleeper, you’re going to love these pillows we’ve found. They’re each designed for side sleepers, offering comfort and proper alignment for your cozy, pain-free snoozing.
10. MyPillow Premium Series Bed Pillow
The MyPillow premium series bed pillow is an option for side sleepers. It’s made with their patented interlocking fill, which you can adjust to get just the right fit for your build.
The pillow comes in four different loft levels, which you can choose from, based on your t-shirt size.
- Made with patented interlocking fill, Gives you the exact support you need as an individual
- Standard/Queen: 16.5” x 26” + 2”
- Machine washable and dryable -- 10-year warranty
- Made 100% in the USA - Manufactured in our home state of Minnesota!
- MyPillow Promotions not offered on Amazon
The MyPillow will never go flat and is both machine washable and dryable.
There’s a 60-day, money-back guarantee, and the pillow comes with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty.
9 – Good Life Essentials Shredded Memory Foam Pillow, Hotel Collection
If you’re looking for a great hypoallergenic option, the Good Life Essentials shredded memory foam pillow from their Hotel Collection is a great option for side sleepers.
The pillow is dust mite resistant, is made of 100% CertiPUR U.S. certified foam, and has a 50% bamboo cover that’s extra breathable and ventilated for a cool night’s sleep all night long.
This pillow promises to never go flat while allowing you to custom mold the pillow to fit your exact needs.
The materials are designed to provide orthopedic support for proper neck and back alignment, reduce tossing and turning, and give deep comfort all night while you sleep. The pillow should especially help anyone with back pain, neck pain, allergies, insomnia, migraines, TMJ, or snoring issues.
The pillow comes with a lifetime warranty from Good Life Essentials, and it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, no questions asked.
8 – The Wamsutta Extra-Firm Side Sleeper Pillow
A luxurious night’s sleep is close-at-hand with the Wamsutta Extra-Firm Side Sleeper Pillow. The pillow is made with a 100% cotton cover and features a 2-inch gusset that provides firm support all night long. It is corded and covered with 300-thread count cotton, while the fill is 100% polyester.
This product is completely machine washable and is made in the USA.
The Wamsutta Extra-Firm pillow for side sleepers comes with a 3-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
7 – Down Alternative Pillow from MasterTex
The MasterTex Down Alternative pillow is a fantastic choice for side sleepers. The super plush microfiber fill is hypoallergenic, and the pillow has a 100% 300-three count cotton cover for a breathable, comfortable sleep every night.
The fiber-fill has a down-like softness. It is thick, stuffed, and uber fluffy for a cozy night’s sleep. The texture is the perfect balance between firm and squishy.
- 100% COTTON COVER - 300 Thread Count, They Are Truly Breathable and Does Not Retain Heat. Perfect Choice for who which are suffering from Asthma, Allergies.
- ULTRA SOFT FIBER FILL – Down-Like Fiber Filling. Classic Designed. The Perfect Balance between Firm and Squishy. 1.5" Gusset for Maximum Loft.
- MACHINE WASHABLE - Machine Wash on a Cool Setting. Fiber Will Stay In Place. Soft to Touch & Comfortable to sleep on. Finished With Satin Piping.
- Not Vacuum Sealed like Other Pillows, Pillow Came in a Clear Plastic Carrying Case That Should Be Great for Storage and Travel. Best Gift Idea for Your loved ones.
- PERFECT FOR ALL FOUR SEASONS. They Also Work Great For Sitting Up In Bed To Read Or Be On Your Laptop. A MUST HAVE FOR EVERYONE!! 1 YEAR WARRANTY!
The pillow is machine-washable and comes with a plastic carrying case that’s great for storage or taking your pillow along for trips with. This cushion gets more comfortable as you sleep on it over time, while continually giving you the support you need for your neck, head, and shoulders.
The MasterTex Down Alternative pillow comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
6 – Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
It’s an adjustable memory-foam pillow, meaning you can remove the Kool-Flow breathable hypoallergenic cover, and adjust the fill to fit your precise needs. Just unzip the inner cover, and remove or add fill to get the right thickness and firmness you need every time.
The fill is a shredded style combination memory foam that’s extra breathable because of the micro-vented cover.
- Adjustable & Conforming Shape: Luxury bed pillows for sleeping on back, stomach, and side.
- Memory Foam Fill Bag: You can add or remove the amount of shredded memory foam for your comfort via its easy, zipper access.
- Premium Fabric: The bamboo pillow for sleeping is crafted from luxurious high-quality shredded memory foam and has GreenGuard Gold Certification.
- Kool-Flow Tech: The Kool-Flow bed pillow standard size helps cool you down on hot nights using its soft, luxurious, extra-breathable micro-vented cover!
- Comfort: Looking for the best pillows for sleeping? These fluffy pillows are the stuff dreams are made of.
The pillow is made of 43% viscose of bamboo, 56.4% polyester, and 0.6% Lycra to keep you cool all night long.
This product is completely machine-washable, and is Eco-friendly, CertiPUR U.S. certified. It conforms to your shape to provide the best orthopedic support possible for your neck, head, and shoulders.
This pillow also fully hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant. It comes with a 120-night hassle-free sleep trial, to make sure it’s just the right pillow for you and comes with a 20-year warranty from the manufacturer.
5 – The Easy Breather Pillow from Nest Bedding
The Nest Bedding Easy Breather pillow is one of the most comfortable pillows you’ll find. It’s made of 0.5-inch Tencel blended fabric and filled with a proprietary blend of materials that provide your neck with supple support that mimics the feel of down pillows while not going flat or sagging.
The pillow is adjustable, too, meaning you can add or remove some of the fill to get the precise fit you need.
- Zipper cover Tencel blended fabric.
- Adjustable, supportive for any sleep style.
- CertiPUR shredded memory foam fill.
- Arrives overstuffed and ready for you to remove the amount you feel is needed to achieve the perfect nights sleep.
The Easy Breather pillow isn’t made with latex or animal products, so they’re safe, hypoallergenic, and cozy. They’re soft on the neck and face and help open up breathing passages as you snuggle up on your side.
The pillow comes in standard, Queen, and King sizes.
4 – Coop Home Goods Eden Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
The Coop Home Goods Eden Shredded Memory Foam Pillow is one of the suggestions we have for the best pillow for side sleepers.
The inner cover is made of 100% polyester, while the outer cover is made of 40% Bamboo-derived rayon and 60% polyester. The pillow is filled with hypoallergenic shredded memory foam that allows you to adjust the loft to a higher or lower level, as needed for your body type.
The Ultra-Tech fabric outer cover is designed specifically to reduce sweatiness overnight through its breathable makeup. The gel-infused memory foam helps draw out the heat from the pillow itself. Plus, the shredded structure makes for better airflow instead of compacting down like the pillows of old.
The pillows are made in the USA and are CertiPUR U.S. certified, meaning they’re made of safe materials not containing PBDEs, TCEP, TDCPP, or other unsafe flame retardants. They’re also hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant.
The pillows are backed by a 100-day sleep trial, with a full refund, no questions asked guarantee.
3 – Hullo Buckwheat Pillow
If you’re looking for a super-healthy pillow for your side sleeping habits, check out the Hullo Buckwheat Pillow.
The pillow is made with certified organic twill and filled with buckwheat hulls that are grown and milled in the USA. There’s absolutely no chemical-based foams or bird feathers in this hypoallergenic pillow choice and is adjustable to meet your thickness and firmness needs.
- Standard Size 20x26" Buckwheat Hull Pillow
- Buckwheat Hull Filling Grown and Milled in the USA
- No Chemical-Based Foams or Bird Feathers
- Promotes Airflow - Stays Cool All Night
- High Quality Hidden Zipper for Adjustable Loft
The buckwheat hulls inside the case shift to both conform to the shape of your head, neck, and shoulders, as well as to provide breathability and promote healthy airflow to give you a cool, peaceful night’s sleep.
The malleability of this pillow gives you better support and superior comfort, as it helps to align your spine while you sleep, decreases aches and pains when you wake up.
2 – The Malouf Z 100% Natural Zoned PillowNo products found.
For those who sleep on their side, the Malouf Z 100% natural zoned pillow is a fantastic option. The pillow is firm and has a 7-inch high loft, specifically designed with side sleepers in mind. It’s made of 100% pure natural Talalay latex, with zero synthetic additives, which is naturally mildew proof and dust mite resistant.
No products found.
The unique foam consistency and zoned technology help to provide zoned support and superior pressure relief for your head, neck, and shoulders. It’s also breathable to maintain a cool, comfortable sleeping temperature, any time of year.
The zoned design uses a pin-core design that cradles your head while giving support to your neck and shoulders.
The cover is made of 100% natural cotton and is removable so that you can clean it regularly to keep your pillow fresh and clean. It never needs fluffing, and always keeps its shape.
1 – The Z Gel Memory Foam L-Shape Pillow for Side Sleepers
One of the absolute top choices for the best pillow for side sleepers is the Z Gel L-Shaped pillow, specifically designed with side sleepers in mind. The unique L-shape design is ergonomically designed to support your shoulders, head, and neck while you sleep, providing extra support and comfort, without having to grab a second pillow.
- Ergonomic L-shape design provides support for the head, neck and shoulders, offering extra comfort and support for side sleepers
- GEL DOUGH formula creates a cooler, softer memory foam that helps eliminate sleeping pains
- Replaces the need for multiple pillows for the right support and comfort
- Tencel removable cover with superior moisture-management properties aids in optimal sleeping temperatures
- Body pillow measures 26" x 26" x 5" with 12" envelope; protected by a 5-year U.S. warranty
The pillow is filled with a gel dough that creates a cooler, softer memory foam that helps to reduce pain levels from sleeping. The Tencel removable cover is made with high-quality moisture-wicking management technology to aid in keeping you at the right temperature all night long.
Our Buyer’s Guide: The Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
If you’re a side sleeper, then finding the right pillow is important for your sleeping style. The traditional pillows are usually the wrong thickness or have the wrong shape. To find the best option, instead look for pillows that offer higher lobes, and curves that suit your neck and shoulders on your side.
Many times, the best pillows for side sleepers will have unique shapes, like the L-shaped pillow, and the Z Gel Memory Foam pillow. An adjustable loft pillow is another great option, such as pillows from Hullo Buckwheat Pillow or the Snuggle-Pedic.
All of the pillows we’ve listed are exceptional choices for side-sleepers but conduct your own research to find the exact option that fits your lifestyle best. Your neck, and spine, will thank you.
Last update on 2021-06-22 at 06:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API