Best Mattress Protector: Our Top 5 Picks Available in the Market Today
A bed is one of the most important furniture you will ever own. It is responsible for a lot of things that will happen in your life. This includes your overall well-being and peace of mind.
You need the right bed to feel rested and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Having the necessary rest helps you to get your daily tasks accomplished. For many, it helps you be a more pleasant human being.
But, even if you have a great bed, if you are contending with pests such as dust mites and allergy issues, you need the best mattress protector money can buy.
There are so many benefits to having one. Not to mention, they help your mattress to give you optimum use for many years.
Do You Really Need to Have Mattress Protectors?
David Cloud, National Sleep Foundation CEO, says there are elements that enhance our sleep routine. "No matter what your nationality, you will spend about a third of your life in bed."
The 2012 National Sleep Foundation Bedroom Poll also found that “About nine out of ten (93%) rate having a comfortable mattress and pillows (91%) as important to getting a good night’s sleep.”
Also according to the National Sleep Foundation, “Less than one-half of people in most countries are sleeping well every night. Less than one-half of people in Mexico (48%), the United States (44%), Canada (43%), the United Kingdom (42%), and Germany (40%), and slightly more than one-half in Japan (54%) say they get a good night's sleep every night or almost every night on work nights or weeknights.”
One in four persons never or rarely gets a good night's sleep, especially during the workweek. The number only slightly differs in some countries – “in the United Kingdom (27%), the United States (25%) and Canada (23%).”
There are several factors that disrupt your sleep. These can be mitigated by a mattress protector.
They include dirty mattress, dust mites, allergy issues and even stains of saturations from liquids and other spills. The best mattress protector will give your product longevity as well.
But, at the end of the day, you will not have to contend with the millions of dust mites and other pests that can accrue in your mattress.
How Did We Choose Our Top Pick
Cheapest is not necessarily the best. When it comes to bed, many people have them for decades. So, we selected our top mattress protectors with this in mind. Warranty is one of the top factors as well.
Our selected products must also take into account the factors that are important to your health as well, like allergies.
Buyer’s Guide for Best Mattress Protectors
These mattress protectors have different features depending on what you will use them for. Some are specifically for indoor purposes and others for outdoor use.
So once you have narrowed down your list, then there are some other important factors to keep in mind.
Your answers to this list of questions will help you select the best mattress protector for you.
Top 5 Mattress Protector Reviews
Having a great mattress protector saves you money and stress over a period of time. These sheets of cloth are designed to cover a variety of bed sizes and best of all they have various warranty periods.
So check them out!
4.8 out of 5 stars
This is by far the thickest and most comfortable mattress protector of the lot. It is of extremely high quality. But also not the cheapest! Seeing as these products have a warranty and will protect your bed, the cost might just be worth it.
If you are not satisfied, simply return it within 60 days of purchase.
Features of the Slumber Cloud Dryline Mattress Protector include:
If you want a cooler bed, then this protector is the way to go. It comes with Outlast technology and works to prevent sweating. This simply means longer periods of sleep on those hot summer nights and waking up refreshed.
According to Slumber Cloud, “Slumber Cloud bedding is infused with the same temperature regulating technology NASA astronauts used in their spacesuits. This patented technology, called Outlast® technology, is made up of thousands of microscopic ‘beads’ called Thermocules™.”
All of these beads are set to an explicit temperature to oppose any temperature fluctuations, which occur while you sleep.
“As your temperature increases, the beads absorb and store any excess heat away from your body to keep you cool. If your temperature drops, the beads release the stored heat back to you to keep you at the perfect temperature.”
This protector can be purchased on the Slumber Cloud website for around $125 to $130.
4.8 out of 5 stars
- Protects Against Dust Mites, Fluids, Urine, Perspiration, Allergens And Bacteria (10-Year Warranty)
- Hypoallergenic Cotton Terry Surface With Membrane Back Coating (Waterproof, Noiseless and Breathable)
- Great For Those With Kids, Pets, Allergies, Asthma, Eczema Or Incontinence (OEKO-TEX Certified SH025 151792)
- Will Not Change The Feel of Your Mattress (Registered with the FDA as a Class 1 Medical Device)
- Fitted Sheet Style Design - King Size Mattress Protector 76" x 80" - Fits up to 18" deep
To start the warranty on this product is 10 years. That gives you a long time to test out this product. But, if something goes wrong, it can be replaced within that time frame.
It is also a clear indication of how confident the company is in its product.
You can purchase your mattress protector on Amazon, for a reasonable cost. Prices vary depending on your preferred size.
Less than $25
Less than $25
Less than $35
Less than $35
Features of the SafeRest Mattress Protector include:
We love the SafeRest option because it is lightweight, does not carry an odor and comes in all sizes. Cleaning the product is a breeze. But, remember to use low heat settings.
4.6 out of 5 stars
- 100% Waterproof - repels all liquids including bodily fluids, perspiration, urine and accidental spills - machine washable protection
- Noiseless and comfortable hypoallergenic cotton terry surface and polyurethane backing inhibits allergy-causing dust mites and bacteria from living in your mattress - safe for children and pets
- Fully-elasticized fitted sheet style with deep pockets designed to fit mattresses up to 22 inches deep
- Ultra-Thin design is breathable, quiet and sleeps cool without changing the feel of your mattress
- Cal King size protector measures 72 x 84; 15-year warranty
Lucid has a higher warranty than the SafeRest and Slumber Cloud. It goes up to 15 years. Far more than many other brands!
This product is a premium waterproof mattress protector. It is also completely hypoallergenic. So for allergy sufferers, this is a grand choice.
Especially with a price on Amazon, for under $20.00!
You also will not have to contend with noises from rolling around on your mattress. In addition, you get the benefit of its stay cool features.
Other features of the Lucid Premium Hypoallergenic 100% Waterproof Mattress Protector include:
If you are on a budget, this is a great choice.
4.45 out of 5 stars
- Soft, quiet and 100% waterproof top surface repels all liquids including bodily fluids, perspiration, urine and accidental spills
- Ultra-thin hypoallergenic fabric with noiseless polyurethane backing blocks dust mites and allergens - vinyl-free materials safe for the whole family
- Fully-elasticized fitted sheet style protector features deep pockets for a smooth, secure fit on mattress depths up to 18"; design is intended to be used with a fitted sheet placed over the protector to keep the feel of your mattress
- Crinkle-free protector can be machine washed and dried on low heat; easy to follow care instructions help you make this protector last
- Full XL size protector measures 54" x 80"; Backed by a generous 10-year warranty
Get this super affordable protector on Amazon for just under $20.00 for the full XL.
On one hand, it is thinner than the other brands on this list. You will not be able to differentiate between it and a bed sheet. But, it is still spill-proof and odor free.
Features of the Linenspa Premium Mattress Protector include:
Because of its thinness, it does not retain heat as much. In addition, it is not as noiseless, like the others. But, it does come with a 10-year warranty and has elastic siding.
4.25 out of 5 stars
- Protects against allergens, dust mites, bacteria, perspiration, urine and fluids (15-Year Warranty)
- 100% waterproof membrane with fitted sheet style design - King Size (76" x 80" fits up to 18" deep)
- Luna Airflow Technology allows air to circulate through the protector, but repels liquids
- Hypoallergenic cotton terry surface is noiseless, will not change the feel of your mattress and naturally absorbs moisture
- Great for asthma, eczema and allergy sufferers (every Luna mattress protector is sourced and made in USA)
This is a good brand and has been around for a while. As such, the Luna Premium Hypoallergenic Mattress Protector deserves to be on the list. It has a 15-year warranty.
You can rest assured that it is also waterproof. You will not be sleeping in puddles of sweat with this best mattress protector.
Pricing of this product ranges from $30.00 to $50.00, on Amazon, depending on the size of the mattress protector you prefer.
Features of the Luna Premium Hypoallergenic Mattress Protector include:
The product is not as soundless as the claims say. When you move around, you will hear the protector underneath your sheets. In addition, it tends to thin out easily after a few washes.
For a product with a 15-year warranty, it does not seem that it would last that long. Nonetheless, it does not shift or slips off the mattress while you move around trying to get a good nights rest.
If the factors stated are of concern to you, you might want to get one of the other mattress protectors.
Only the Best Mattress Protector Is Good Enough
4.8 out of 5.0
Cotton Terry Material
4.8 out of 5.0
8-lbs Shipping Weight
4.6 out of 5.0
6 lbs shipping weight
4.45 out of 5.0
4.25 out of 5.0
After reviewing the top contenders, we deem that the Slumber Cloud Dryline Mattress Protector is just a bit better than the others are. It comes with outlast cooling technology. In addition, it is also Hypoallergenicand 100% Waterproof.
But, what brings it home is that added layer of thickness. This is what will give you a more comfortable rest.
Plus, if you are having a hot night, the material works to draw that moisture away from your skin. So, you do not have to wake up to a wet sheet and an unpleasant feeling.
Overall, the best mattress protector is the one that suits your needs best. So, carefully review your needs with those on our list.